Sunday, September 26, 2010

His will, not mine.

Lately the Lord has been pushing my heart to tell others about Him. Yet, I can not deny that I am scared out of my mind. I am a coward. I care too much about what other people think...but what am I afraid of? Why should I feel embarrassed about the One who has shown me so much mercy and has poured out so much of his grace into my life? My heart cries out for the Lord to use me, but it seems like I am also too timid to speak. I'm making excuses to avoid spiritual conversations and hoping that my actions will make up for my silence. I pray for a boldness that is not my own. I want to lose myself in Christ and let Him take control. I want to sit at His feet and be completely broken before Him. I want to fulfill His will, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment