Friday, February 25, 2011

trusting, praying, trusting, praying. trusting. praying, praying

I think at this point in my life, trusting the Lord is all I can do. I guess this week has kind of been a little weird. I see all these things that I have no control over and I'm willing to surrender it to the Lord. Yet, at the same time I'm scared that I might hold on to things too tightly, so I end up not wanting to have any emotion towards the important things in my life. A lot of things can happen in a short amount of time. If I lose my passions, my relationship, my plans in life, I still want to rejoice in the Lord for the things he's done in my life. Although this is true, I shouldn't approach everything with an apathetic attitude in fear that the Lord might take it all away and I'll be left heartbroken because I held everything so tightly.

People say the important things in life are worth fighting for...But what if you're fighting for something that you think is important but in reality, it's not? What if you're fighting just to hold on to it? What if the hole you've been digging all along is just so deep that you're comfortable in it? Maybe I want to fight the one who wants to rescue me from this hole, but I want to justify that the hole is safe, secure, and good for me?

I'm probably just rambling now... I guess I don't really know what's going on inside of me but God knows and he I trust that he will sort it all out. The thing is, he already has sorted it all out, I just need to remain obedient and patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment