Thursday, July 15, 2010

blessed beyond measure

The other night as I was online talking to my cousin Pang, I was suddenly consumed with joy! I was asking her some questions that I had about certain passages in the Bible, and I was just happy to know that God has put so many people in my life that I can walk beside and can lead me closer to Him. I'm thankful for my older cousins who strive for Christ and all the girls in the Wildwood small group, my discipler, and also the girls who will be a part of my bible study that I'm starting up in the fall semester. God has truly provided and it's a breath of fresh air to be in community. I am also glad that God has put a guy in my life that also seeks His heart. We have the same convictions and same theology...it's great to know that we can walk side by side spiritually. There are a lot of guys who say they're Christian, but not many of them actually know what they believe and what it's like to be lead by Christ. I hope I can also reach out to the people that God has placed in my life in the past- friends from high school and people I've seen all the time, but never had the guts to talk to. I want to invest myself in people. I want to do God's work. The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. With everything that God has blessed me with, why wouldn't I want to do his work? Why would I contain this joy? ...All I can do it praise Him and stand in awe of his goodness, grace, and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment