Thursday, July 29, 2010

life goals

It just hit me... i have two years left of college! This is making me think about what i want to do in life. I realized that can never get a job... this is the pattern of my life...so instead of being stressed out about being rejected for jobs, i've decided to that i can be my own boss.. i can start my own business with the skills and talents that God has given me. I hope from my business classes i can have a business mind. I hope i don't become greedy like all businessmen tho. I still want God to be the one who gets the glory in the end. I also hope God will make my business grow, so i can not only have enough for myself, but i can have enough to help others. I hope i can donate to non profit organizations that seek to bring the Gospel to all nations. I also hope i can travel and see the world outside my comfortable life in Oklahoma. This is my intention of starting a business, that people will delight in what i have to offer them so i can have enough to help others for His kingdom.

I really hope i can teach private lessons. It's so hard getting students. there's only a 4 hour gap that i can teach and the only barrier is that people are not willing to pay because it's just a "hobby." So it's usually something that gets cut first in people's list priorities. But the reason why i want to teach is because i want to show kids how to worship God, and not for men. When people are good at music, they tend to be prideful and like to show off...examples would be guys who play guitar to attract girls, or people bringing their guitars to school and play in the halls...those people are only doing that to show off because there's no need to bring a guitar to school if you aren't taking lessons. I use to be prideful in this area too. i was considered the best in my middle school and the 2 high schools i went to, so the more i succeeded, the more my pride grew. There was a point when i was so prideful that i couldn't imagine what life would be like if God took away this talent. If God took it away completely, I wouldn't have anything left...Luckily, God has opened my eyes and has cast down my idols.

When i'm not teaching, i hope to be sewing! There is an indescribable joy when i start sewing. Just knowing that our Creator was a billion times more excited when he created us makes me grow closer to him. To see the work of his hands is breathtaking. Its hard for us to come up with our own color combinations because it is all found in nature... Humans can only repeat what He has already created. I hope to carry this into my business... to showcase is glory. I think i'll start out selling online...having my own etsy page, or website, and if that is successful, then i can start a business. I hope to sell higher end materials and my own creations, plus i also hope to sell needlework from women in other countries because a few dollars from here will help them for a few weeks or months.

Also, i don't know if this will be too much to handle, but i would like to start my own wedding venue/event center. affordable ballrooms are not easy to come by..maybe because they're ballrooms! ha. i don't know how much it'll all cost tho. I'll probably have to take out a huge loan to make it happen. I'm not a risky person... but people will never stop getting married and having big events, so there's a chance it could work. I could have a venue with different size rooms so people who have a certain amount of guests can pick a room that most suites their guest size. I'm also obsessed with glass chapels. i could have a room that looks like that. I can also have a garden that people can take pictures in! It'll have all the works! I think it's funny how i'm getting excited thinking about this. When i first had this idea, i was thinking i could make a package deal where my mom can make wedding cakes for a wedding, but i wont be living in tulsa my entire life, so i don't know how that'd work. nonetheless, i am still very excited. This idea also depends on location. It'll need to be in between several towns/cities, so it can appeal to surrounding areas, and also depends if there's a lot of venues in the area.

So here it is! If you want to know what i want to do in life, these are my plans. I have a lot of options so i hope God will let them happen! future planning is fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment